Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Call To Prayer...

This post isn't about Joshua...wait! Don't stop reading! Sheesh...you Joshua followers are hardcore. I'll post some pictures at the end to entice you to keep reading. Will that work? Good. :)

So as I was saying, this post isn't about Joshua. It's a request for you to pray. Joshua's Tio Jay and Auntie Jodi need some serious support and love and I know that even though many of you don't know them personally, you will pray for them like you did for Joshua. Jay came back from Afghanistan in January after developing Bell's Palsy while he was there. Once he got back, things started to get much, much worse and he was diagnosed with ADEM. ADEM mimics the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, but is a one time event. Following the treatment for ADEM, he was treated with steriods and seemed to get better. Since then, he's gotten worse and gotten better a few times, but this time the doctors are now saying that they believe that the ADEM kickstarted true MS. So now they believe that Jay has MS. This is a devistating diagnosis for him. Of course there is always the possibility that the doctors are wrong and it's something else entirely, but it doesn't look promising. So our request is that you pray for Jay and Jodi.

Jodi and Jay, while I was writing this, I remembered my feelings as I wrote to tell everyone about Joshua's diagnosis. Here's what I said,

"...we know that our God is bigger than we could ever imagine and that He can heal Joshua with a word if it is His will. If it isn't in His will to heal our son completely, He will give us the means to deal with it. We know that He loves Joshua even more than we do (which is so hard to imagine!), and we trust that His plan is perfect and that before Joshua was even a thought God knew that we would face this and has given us the experience and the strength to deal with it. NOTHING happens without God's permission and this is no exception. We don't understand why it's happening to our baby, but we have no doubt that there is a reason and that God is in control."

We feel the same way now as we hear Jay's diagnosis. We don't know why this is happening to you or how it will turn out, but we know that God is with you as He was with us while we were dealing with a devistating diagnosis. While it may not help you as much as it helped me, I'm going to share with you my 'encouragement' songs. The first song always seemed to come on the radio when I was on my way to see Joshua in the hospital. I sang it everyday. It still always seems to come on when I'm having an especially hard day. Jo & Jay, we love you. I wish we could be closer so that we could help you more. For now, just know that our love is with you and, more importantly, so are our prayers.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


As promised, here are the pictures for you Joshua fans. Thanks for sticking with me till the end. :)

3 comments:

Nadelhoffer said...

Consider them covered in prayer. And Joshua is so stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

I don't really know what else to say but, Thank You. And the pictures of Joshua at the end sure do soften the bad news. He is so cute... he looks so much like you, Jamie, in that picture in the white shirt. You need to find that picture so everybody else can see what I'm talking about(you know the one... there is a very ugly couch and big bird there as well)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Jamie! I don't know what is going on but God must have a reason...even if it is completely obvious to everyone else, and I will never find out or see what it is, I just have to go on the ride. It is a very hard thing to accept and get use to right now! I will always be there for the 3 of you no matter what you need.