
It's sweet really, but it makes me feel a little sad. Of course, when he's tired or upset, mommy can still make it all better. :)
At 10 months, Joshua's sitting has improved dramatically. He can now reach for toys while sitting and sometimes even look up to see what's going on around him. He still topples over after about a minute, but it's really amazing to see how far he's come. He's completely obsessed with his toes and loves to pull his socks off at night when he's getting his jammies on. 
He also loves sitting in his high chair and playing with the blocks
and yelling. Oh, how he loves yelling.
He also absolutely loves being startled. When he's not paying attention, if I yell 'BOO!' at him, he jumps and then laughs hysterically. That he definitely does not get from me. I HATE being scared. I hate that stupid email that goes around every once in a while that has a nice wooded scene with a bear or a girl riding a bike or a red dot that you have to follow. You know the one....all of a sudden there's a terrible face screaming at you? It makes me cry. Not just a few tears either. I full out sob. I hate it. So I'm not sure where Josh gets this love of being startled. Must be from his daddy.
Joshua is a champion eater. He loves sweet potatoes, squash, peas, spinach, green beans, papaya, mango, apples, pears, blueberries, apricots, canteloupe...but he's not a big fan of meat right now.
He's now weighing in at 18 lbs, 2 oz and is 27 1/2 inches long. That puts him between the 5th and 10th percentiles for both height and weight. He's such a peanut! I don't really realize how small he is until I see him around other children his age. They all seem so big. Of course, I'm extremely thankful that my little one is so little. I can't even imagine carrying around a larger child all the time.
As you saw in the video, Joshua is trying so hard to talk. We had him evaluated by a speech therapist who said that he was behind in his expressive speech (he's at about 6 months), but was functioning between 9-12 months for his receptive language. So he's understanding everything we say, but just can't respond. I'm still waiting for 'mama' or 'dada'. What a sweet sound that will be. :) And we will be overcome with joy when he finally is able to say those words. For now, we just enjoy each new sound he explores (lately there have been lot's of 'F' sounds!) and relish each moment with him. 
3 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!! I MISS THAT LITTLE BOY SO MUCH!!!! He is changing so much. I just want to kiss his little face!!!!
He's gorgeous! You are one lucky mommy!! :)
Gosh is he cute! And two teeth on the bottom?! Awesome.
Post a Comment