Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 2, 2009

The First Kitchen Update (aka Why I Love Craigslist)

Since we moved in I've been lamenting the lack of a dishwasher. It is one of the basics of a kitchen, after all. However, in order to get a standard dishwasher, we'd have to give up two cupboards and two drawers...and that is precious space in our kitchen! After all, we only have three full size cupboards and three full size drawers. The other two cupboards and drawers are 8" miniatures.
One day as I was perusing Craigslist, I found a dishwasher that would actually work for us. It's only 18" wide! So we bought it, brought it home and gazed lovingly at it for a week. This past weekend, Ben decided it was time to install it. Yippee! Ben cut out an 8" cupboard & drawer, reframed the space and hooked up the plumbing. Joshua watched with great interest. He LOVED the sound of the sawzall and all the hammering. So without further adieu....this is what my kitchen looks like now!Oh my gosh...isn't it beautiful?! It works perfectly too! I've never been so excited to do dishes. :)

First project down...many, many, many more to go. Isn't owning a home fun?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for handy husbands... nice work Ben!!

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

that's awesome! dishwashers are an amazing thing

Anonymous said...

Jodi has a good story about an apartment with no dishwasher and a roommate who was bad at doing them! I am MUUUUUUUUUUUCH better about that now. :) YAY for your handy husband and new toy! Diana

Anonymous said...

So exciting!!!! I am a big fan of the dishwasher(just ask Diana). Although I still use my fancy gloves to fill it:)

Nadelhoffer said...

Wonderful! Good thing you're married to Bob the Builder...Can we do it? Yes we can!