Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Happening!!!!

Joshua has a fun new trick and I have some very big news for you...but you'll have to wait a minute or two for the big news. :) Oh, that was mean, huh?

So here's Joshua's new trick:


He knows "so big"! He also knows, by the way, where to find a nose and eyes on a face. He's so smart! :)

Ok, I can't wait anymore to tell you about the big news! JOSHUA CAN SIT!!!!!!!! Of course, it's not for very long and he's not terribly stable just yet, but he can do it! I was playing with him today and plopped him down in front of me and let go. Because he didn't tip over right away, I started watching the clock. 10 seconds, 15 seconds (this was his personal best so far), 20 seconds (I started getting excited), 30 seconds, 40 seconds (I was holding my breath), 43 seconds....and then he tipped over. Holy cow! 43 seconds! That's amazing!!! In addition to the awesome sitting that was going on, when he started to tip over he put his hand out to catch himself. Oh my goodness, my heart just about stopped. Do you know what this means?! It means that all the therapy, all the work, all the time, all the effort is paying off!!!! It also means that his core is getting stronger. And sitting will help make his core even stronger. Which will let him be able to crawl eventually. And then walk. I don't even think I can tell you how exciting this is for Ben and me. Since I wasn't prepared for Josh to sit, I didn't have a camera or anything to document it. So I grabbed my camera and tried to get him to do it again. He didn't sit for that length of time again, but you'll get the general idea. :)

Sitting! from Jamie Nodine on Vimeo.

It cracks me up that once he sees the camera, he refuses to look away. He loves the camera. Maybe he'll be a news anchor. Or reporter. Or movie star!

I'll post one final video for you since I'm on a video kick. Joshua loves the theme from Bonanza. He HATES the theme from Green Acres. How do I know? Well, because every time he hears the Green Acres theme, he frowns. Not just looks displeased, he flat out frowns! But when you hum the Bonanza theme he smiles and laughs. What a crazy kid. :)

Green Acres from Jamie Nodine on Vimeo.

I promise there will be more sitting videos soon. :) Yay for achieving goals!!!!!

3 comments:

Nadelhoffer said...

Funny stuff with the Bonanza and Green Acres. But he's SITTING!!!! Way to go Joshua! Move over Ron Burgundy! He looks so cute with those huge eyes looking at you, how precious.

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

he is getting so big! i can't believe it! it's hard to see in pictures, but seeing the videos i can tell that he's grown from when I saw him for pictures :) What an EXCITING milestone!!! Good job Joshua!

Dave and Melissa said...

How exciting that Joshua's sitting up! Yeah! I'm definitely jealous of your trip to Paris also. Have a great time! Hopefully Joshua will do a lot of sleeping on the plane.