Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lots of firsts!

Joshua had his first REAL bath tonight. We expected that there would be lots of screaming, kicking & fighting from our little boy, but we couldn't have been more wrong. As soon as we put him in the water, his eyes got really big and he just relaxed. The whole experience was a relaxed one...except for when we took him out. Then the screaming began. I totally understand...I hate getting out of a warm bath too. Right now, he's out like a light!
I had him in his crib again tonight trying to get a video of him rolling over. Well, he didn't roll over, but he did sort of sniper crawl around the crib. I know it wasn't a real crawl, it was more of a "mom I'm so frustrated because you won't pick me up and you keep trying to make me do tricks for your stupid videos" kind of movement, but I was still pretty impressed. That was until he ran smack into the siderail of the crib. Then I felt bad for trying to make him do tricks for my stupid videos. :)

This week he's also started sleeping around 6 hours at night and going around 8 hours between feedings at night. It's been really strange for me. I keep waking up expecting him to be fussy and wanting to eat, but he never is. I know it's weird, but I kind of miss that 3am feeding. I feel like he's growing up so fast and he just doesn't need me as much anymore.

Tomorrow will be a big first for Josh. We're getting on a plane! We're flying home for Memorial Day weekend. Everyone is so excited to finally meet Joshua and we can't wait to introduce him to all of you in NY. See you soon!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip goes safely!I expect lots of pictures of Joshua and Timothy together. :)

D'Ann said...

He is getting so big! And he's so cute! Sounds like you guys are doing well. have a safe trip this weekend. :)

Nadelhoffer said...

I hope that your trip went well. Have fun showing him off!

Dave and Melissa said...

Hi Jamie, Ben and Joshua!
Erin gave us your blog address and I just read it! Congratulations on your beautiful boy! You and Ben sound like great parents! Boys are so much fun. Enjoy each stage because it goes by so quickly. Soon, he'll be almost 2 and running around everywhere with more energy than you have to chase him (that's where we're at right now)!! Check out our blog sometime in between feedings, diaper changes and getting some sleep on your own!
-Melissa, Dave, Ben

Amanda said...

Joshua sounds like an amazing baby! And how handsome in that bathrobe! I really got a crack out of the bathtime "censorship" picture. I think Joshua will appreciate that when he is 18 and you are showing his girlfriend naked baby photos. How considerate of you:)

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much.
Joshua, thanks for letting me kiss you so much and for giving me those perfect smiles this weekend. Can't wait to see you again.