Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend with Aunt Jodi & Tio Jay

We drove down to North Carolina this past weekend to spend some time with Aunt Jodi & Tio Jay before Tio deploys. I'm so glad Jay got to hold, feed, burp & cuddle Joshua before he goes!! Jay has taken to being an uncle like a duck to water. It's so evident that he just loves Josh to bits.

This is Joshua's new buddy, PsyOp Charlie:

Jay bought this as a gift for Josh and Joshua just loves him. He stares at him and blows bubbles at him and uses his ear as a pacifier when his falls out of his mouth. :) He has a parachute in the pack on his back and he even has patches & pockets in all the right places. Thanks, Tio!!!

Healthwise, Joshua is doing great. He's in his last week of medication and we will soon have a cordless baby!!! We're done with the antiviral treatment a week from today and then we get to make an appointment to have his central line taken out. Yippee!!!! I can't wait until we don't have that coming out of his leg. His nurse came today and he was weighed. Hold onto your hats, folks...he weighs 11 lbs, 10 oz! I sure hope this crazy growth spurt slows down soon...he's growing out of his clothes too fast and he's getting really really heavy to carry around. But he sure is cute all chubby with all those rolls and chins. I just love it.

For Mother's Day, Joshua gave me the best gift ever. He smiled at me! Not the I'm sort of asleep smile...it was an open mouth, huge grin, eyes wide open smile. I was kissing his cheeks & nose and he broke out in the biggest grin I've ever seen. I can't wait to see it again!!!

No comments: