Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Four weeks old...a bit late

Sorry it's been so long since our last post. We've been in the hospital and I just haven't had the energy to update you all. We were discharged this morning though...thank goodness!! Joshua is being treated for a yeast infection near the insertion site on his leg. Thankfully it wasn't anything more serious. Friday and Saturday night we stayed with Josh in the hospital. What an experience! I slept in Joshua's crib with him while Ben slept in the chair that pulls out into a bed (which also doubles as a torture device). Of course, after our second 5 day admission to the hospital, I'm pretty sure that hospitals in general are torture devices. There's nowhere to get comfortable, just when you fall asleep the doctors/nurses have to come in and poke, prod, take temperatures, give medicine, or draw blood, and the food...don't even get me started on that! Thankfully, Joshua is a trooper and has maintained his pleasant nature throughout his stays here. Unfortunately we can't say the same about his mother. :( I finally reached the point that I refused to let them take his vitals because they kept waking him up when I had just got him down. I'm sure they deal with cranky parents all the time though, and they just accepted it and let me call them when I was ready for them. I'm so thankful that his nurses were wonderful (for the most part) and that they respected our wishes as his parents.


Ok...on to the good stuff. Joshua turned four weeks old on Friday! At weigh in this morning, he was 9 lbs, 6 oz. Maybe this massive pound a week growth spurt is starting to slow down. He is so much more alert than ever before and he just loves to stare at everything. He is unbelieveably strong and tries to sit up when he's laying down. He will pull himself into a sitting position if you let him hang on to your fingers when he's on his back. He also loves tummy time and will hold his head up for a really long time when he's on his tummy or when he's on your shoulder. I'm constantly amazed at how strong he is and how much he's growing and changing. He is quite the cuddlebug as well, and just loves to be held all the time. Of course, it's not hard when you have this little face looking at you while you hold him!



Hopefully posting will be more regular from now on as we will be home. Let's hope we don't have to see the hospital again for quite a while! For now, I'm going to go take a shower and a little nap with my son. We're all exhausted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh he is the most beautiful baby EVER!!! I can't believe he's been here for a month already. Can't wait to kiss those cheeks!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home... We were wondering how long you'd have to stay this time!! Hang in there, we're praying for Griffin's little buddy and his parents!!