How is it possible that our little boy is three weeks old already?! Of course, it feels impossible that he's been here only three weeks too. I feel like I've always known his face and I can't quite remember what we ever did without him. I do remember something about sleeping and eating warm meals, but sacrificing those for Joshua is totally worth it. :) He's changed so much already in these three short weeks. He's a strong little one and loves to lay on his tummy and push up on his arms to look around.
He holds his pacifier in his mouth by himself too!
He's found his voice and the little kitten-like cry is a thing of the past. He's not afraid to voice his opinion and does so with ear piercing screams. His angry cry is super sharp and loud and his whole face goes red when he yells. His outbursts are short lived though...and once he makes himself heard, he calms down and stops crying. He is wide awake between 9-11pm and then again around 2am. It makes for lots of one on one time with mommy between feedings and we have lots of deep conversations. Unfortunately, his medication is giving him lots of gas and there are lots of screams at night which wake daddy up quickly. Poor Ben jumps into action right away when that happens, using the magic "shh, shh, shh" noise and walking Josh around the room if need be. Fatigue has set in deeply for Ben. Deeply enough that the other night when I woke Ben to ask for some help with Josh he replied, "I'm kind of sleeping here, Jamie." I laughed for quite a while over that and we both got a good laugh out of that the next morning when I told Ben what he had said.
Joshua had a follow up doctor's appointment on Wednesday and the doctor was very impressed with him. He weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs, 11 oz on the old fashioned weighted scale with the slider bars...you know what I'm talking about. In disbelief, I asked that they weigh him on the digital scale because that one must be way off. I mean, he weighed 7 lbs, 9 oz in the hospital on Thursday night. There's no way he gained over a pound in that short amount of time! So we weighed him on the digital scale and it turns out I was right. But not by much! The digital scale registered 8 lbs, 7 oz (50th percentile). The nurse asked if he we were supplementing with formula and when I told her that we weren't, her eyes got wide and she said, "Way to go, mom!" So yay for me! Joshua is now 21 inches long (50th percentile) and his head is measuring 13 3/4 inches (25th percentile!!). He is really perfect.

He holds his pacifier in his mouth by himself too!
He's found his voice and the little kitten-like cry is a thing of the past. He's not afraid to voice his opinion and does so with ear piercing screams. His angry cry is super sharp and loud and his whole face goes red when he yells. His outbursts are short lived though...and once he makes himself heard, he calms down and stops crying. He is wide awake between 9-11pm and then again around 2am. It makes for lots of one on one time with mommy between feedings and we have lots of deep conversations. Unfortunately, his medication is giving him lots of gas and there are lots of screams at night which wake daddy up quickly. Poor Ben jumps into action right away when that happens, using the magic "shh, shh, shh" noise and walking Josh around the room if need be. Fatigue has set in deeply for Ben. Deeply enough that the other night when I woke Ben to ask for some help with Josh he replied, "I'm kind of sleeping here, Jamie." I laughed for quite a while over that and we both got a good laugh out of that the next morning when I told Ben what he had said.Joshua had a follow up doctor's appointment on Wednesday and the doctor was very impressed with him. He weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs, 11 oz on the old fashioned weighted scale with the slider bars...you know what I'm talking about. In disbelief, I asked that they weigh him on the digital scale because that one must be way off. I mean, he weighed 7 lbs, 9 oz in the hospital on Thursday night. There's no way he gained over a pound in that short amount of time! So we weighed him on the digital scale and it turns out I was right. But not by much! The digital scale registered 8 lbs, 7 oz (50th percentile). The nurse asked if he we were supplementing with formula and when I told her that we weren't, her eyes got wide and she said, "Way to go, mom!" So yay for me! Joshua is now 21 inches long (50th percentile) and his head is measuring 13 3/4 inches (25th percentile!!). He is really perfect.



6 comments:
Oh, Ben and Jamie, he is beautiful! I mean it, he is really cute! Thanks for putting pictures up of mommy, too. You look great! It sounds like your milk is more like creme brule - exactly what Joshua needs.
Oh my goodness, he looks so much bigger this week! I can't wait to show Brian these pics when he gets home :o) Keep growing Josh!
the liitle man looks great, growing like a weed. We're very proud of him, and you guys.
Uncle Brian
the liitle man looks great, growing like a weed. We're very proud of him, and you guys.
Uncle Brian
He's so sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on him!
WOW!! Jamie, he is beautiful !!! But what would you expect with such great looking parents! I can't believe how big he is getting. I am so glad he is doing so very well.
Gramma
Post a Comment