Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 11, 2008

Two Weeks Old!

We got an unexpected gift today to mark Joshua's two weeks on this earth...

WE GOT TO BRING JOSHUA HOME!!

That's right, I am watching my son sleep peacefully in his pack'n'play in the comfort of our own living room. We are so, so, so blessed. We knew that there was a possibility that we could come home early, but I had no idea that it might be this early. Around 2pm we found out that we were being discharged tonight and the mad scramble began. We have a home healthcare service in place to come twice a week to check on Joshua's Broviac line (the central line in his leg) and to draw blood to make sure that all is going according to plan. We also have a pharmacutical company that will deliver his medicine to us so that we can administer it on a daily basis. We have all sorts of follow up appointments with all the specialists as well to make sure that Josh continues to thrive as he's doing now. It's amazing what can happen with enough prayer and with enough doctors working toward the same goal.

So let's go back a bit and we'll recap all of the different doctors findings so far. On Wednesday, the neurologist looked Josh over and showed me the CT scans and explained what the worst case scenario could be. Worst case would include seizures and cerebal palsy. He did say that Joshua looks good for now and that we have about a 50/50 shot at ending up with CP and a 25% chance of having seizures. I'll take those odds!! The occupational therapist that saw Joshua on Thursday said that he really looks good and that he is doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing. She gave us some stuff to work on at home with him, but all in all he's perfect. Today, the rehabilitation doctor came to look at him and said that if Joshua does develop CP, it will likely only manifest in something as simple as an uneven gait (he might walk a little funny). That was such a relief to me! He had a more intensive hearing test done today as well but we don't have the results of that back yet. Basically, everyone who sees him says that physically, he's perfect. So now we wait to see about the mental component.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers! I don't think Joshua would be doing as well as he is if he weren't completely covered in prayer. We love you all and can't wait to introduce Joshua to you!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I was getting a little worried! Praise God. I believe that Josh will be just fine and I am so happy you got to bring him home. Even with all the extra stuff, you will all be so much more comfy at home. We have been praying for you all, especially Josh, and I truly believe that with God all things are possible. So we will praise Him and thank Him for the blessings and good reports and also those which are to come. Best blessings to you three!
The Schultz family

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... the two of you with that baby between you look happier than you did on your wedding day! I'm so happy for you and I'm so proud of my nephew, he's so strong:)Love you!

Brian & Carly said...

Aunt Jodi's right, you guys look absolutely thrilled and sooo proud! all those spaces are Timothy sending his love! The spacebar must be the easiet button to find! Praise God for such great reports!

Anonymous said...

Hi...hope you all had a much needed sound sleep last night knowing that Josh is tucked in lovingly at home. What a relief to hear all those positive diagnosis...we are all so thankful. The boys all send their love and support too. Love ya!
Aunt Lisa

Brian & Carly said...

haha, opps, blogger deleted timothy's spaces so you guys have no idea what I'm talking about!

Anonymous said...

More pictures please:)