Spring has arrived here in Virginia. The forsythia are blooming and there are all sorts of daffodils & other spring flowers popping up. Friday was a beautiful day and my friend Kristen brought Savannah over for a walk and a quick shopping trip. We went for a walk around my new neighborhood and then headed over to Target & Carters. Once our shopping was done, we got back in the car to head home. As I was sitting down in the car, my pants decided that they had had enough. RRRIIIIIPPPPPPPPPP! They split right down the front of the left leg. I'm not talking a small rip either. I'm talking from the hip to the knees! I've never had a pair of pants do that before! Now, in all fairness to the pants, they have been getting a pretty tough workout. I've had them since about 24 weeks and they've been my only pants so they've been worn every day (except for the days that they are allowed to rest because I'm too lazy to get dressed and instead wear my sleep pants around the house all day). I had been hoping that I could get through the end of my pregnancy without buying another pair of pants and thanks to my sister in law, Carly, I can! She brought me down some clothes when they were here last weekend and one pair of jeans actually fits me quite well. Carly, I've never been more thankful for your generosity than on Friday afternoon. :)
Today, we came home from being out and about and found a package at our door. Don't you love getting packages?! Packages that are too big to put in your mailbox so they have to leave them by the door are the best. They make you happy even though you don't know who they're from! This one happened to be from a dear friend of the family, Jean Giordano. She and her husband, Sam, were close friends of my nana and papa and are basically family. We opened up the package to find the most beautiful, hand knit blanket that Jean had made for Joshua. It's soft, and blue, and will be perfect to wrap him up in when he comes home from the hospital. He loves it already...see?
3 comments:
Oh my Jamie, are you sure your not going to be early? You look as big as I was and, Honey, I was early so get ready! I don't care what the Dr. says your ready girl and low! so Aunt Jodi get your running shoes on. I know where you will be! I can't wait either!
love you guys
Tricia
Ohh what a story and a funny story to tell Joshua's future bride! I'm so glad I finally remembered to give you those clothes, glad they came in handy!
Dear Joshua,
Nana is waiting with much anticipation! I love you very much and can't wait to hold you!
I love you too, mommy and daddy of Joshua James. :o)
Post a Comment