Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 30, 2008

He's Here!!!

Well, the wait is finally over...our sweet little boy has arrived! My water broke at 10pm on Thursday evening and we rushed off to the hospital. Joshua James Nodine arrived at 10:33am on Friday, March 28, 2008. He weighed in at 6 lbs, 12.5 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. He has black hair (& his daddy's hairline!) and big, deep blue eyes. He loves snuggling with mommy, listening to daddy talk & being swaddled. He doesn't like having his diaper changed, having his feet exposed or touched, and missing feedings. He has rarely cried (unlike the baby next door to us in the hospital) and when he does it's a sad, pathetic little cry. He sounds more like a lost kitten than a baby! We are totally in love with him.

Ben has been amazing throughout this pregnancy and at it's completion. He was a wonderful cheerleader in the delivery room (he even cut the cord!), and has been so wonderful through our hospital stay. He is changing diapers like he's been doing it for years and has a really difficult time giving him up when someone else wants to hold him.
We are home now and have regular access to internet and cell service so feel free to check in! If we don't answer, we may be taking some time alone. :) Joshua is calling me so this will be all for now. I'll try to post more pictures soon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's ADORABLE!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD HIM!! Ben and Jamie...you did good! You too Nana :) Love you guys! XXX Auntie Lisa and Uncle Peter

Nadelhoffer said...

Beautiful. Just perfect! I love his lips. If I come for a visit this weekend, do you mind if I just chomp on his squishy cheeks? Will Ben let me hold Joshua if I visit? :) Congrats, you two!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us hold him so much. We miss him already and can't wait to hold him again. He's more perfect than we could even have imagined. See you soon! Post pictures every day! Love you

Anonymous said...

Awww you guys! You have a beautiful one there! Congrats and Rick and I are praying that your adventure is a blessed one! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

oh sorry, that was from Meg and Rick Force! I forgot to sign it!

Anonymous said...

SO BEAUTIFUL! And so amazing! CONGRATS!!!!!! I just love those cheeks and those big, beautiful eyes! And I can't wait to see a million more pics of mommy and daddy just eating him up! I wish we were nearby so I could meet him when you're ready. :-( So sad! (You'll have to tell me later how you did and how it went. I mean, 10 hours from water break to birth... not bad, chica!)

Brian & Carly said...

What a handsome little peanut, can't wait to see you again soon Joshua! Your cousin's looking for a playmate! :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, those eyes are gorgeous. I just want to kiss that little face all over, I can't wait to meet him! I'm a very proud Auntie. Love you guys...Gina

KatieSearfoss said...

Jamie and Ben, Joshua is ADORABLE!!! OH my gosh he is the cutest thing; congratulations! I can't wait for more pictures. Your PA friends need all the pictures we can get since we aren't able to hold Joshua for a while. Praying that you all have a wonderful time of bonding together! Love you all, Katie Searfoss

Anonymous said...

YES! he is absolutely adorable I did not expect anything less! I can't wait to meet him in person! Enjoy every minute with him, he will grow up so fast!
So....when do we stop calling him Bean? ha ha
Love you!!!Aunt Nora