I miss my brain. I used to be somewhat intelligent. I could form and finish a sentance without uttering "um, what whas I just saying?". I could remember words like 'remote control'. I could do math. Now that I'm pregnant and my blood is no longer flowing north, I'm having trouble with just about all of that. I thought I'd share three of my favorite "pregnancy brain" moments with you so you can have a laugh at my expense. :)
1. I pre-registered with the hospital this past week so that *hopefully* when I'm in labor I don't have to fill out all sorts of paperwork before they can give me the happy drugs. I received a postcard from them telling me that they had received my registration and that there were a few things we needed to make sure we did prior to arriving. Bring our insurance card, know who our pediatrician would be, blah, blah, blah. We also have to have our carseat installed and inspected. Here's how the conversation went:
Ben: "Where do we get the carseat inspected?"
Me: "At the...uh...the...I can't remember the word! You know, it's the place with the trucks and the pole?"
Ben: "A fire department?"
Me: "Yep. That's the word I was looking for. That's the place."
2. I was making cookies and trying to cut the recipe in half. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what half of two-thirds was. I finally gave in and asked Ben if he could help me. After pausing to try to figure out if I was joking, he said, "Well, half of two thirds is one third, J". Then he laughed. Hard.
3. This one is my personal favorite. I was at the bank trying to cash a check for $75. The cashier asked me how I wanted my money and I started to reply that I wanted my money in twenty-fives. I quickly realized that couldn't be right and shut my mouth. Then I tried to figure out how else to split up $75. I then decided to ask for quarters. Quarters? Nope, that wouldn't work either. I finally just sat in my car, waiting for him to figure it out. The voice came over the speaker, "Are twenties ok, ma'am?". My first thought was that there was no way he was going to get $75 out of twenties but I just told him that would be fine. I mean, if he wanted to give me four twenties, I'd take it! Of course, when I got my envelope and saw the three twenties, a ten and a five, I laughed the whole way home.
I have high hopes that my brain will come back to me someday. Of course, after nine months of blood not flowing to that particular organ, I don't have a whole lot of hope. I mean, if you were given a nine month vacation would you willingly go back to work?! I didn't think so. :)
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry Jamie, Timothy is 2 months old and I still can't complete a full sentence! I'm a disaster in public! A few people tell me there still may be hope... ;)
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Ben must be fully enjoying this. :) I can just picture him laughing at the 1/3rds story. :)
Post a Comment