Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The OPPOSITE of nesting...

Ben has been waiting for the "nesting instinct" to kick in. Frankly, I have too! It's not that I haven't wanted to nest or have things ready for the baby, it's just that I get so overwhelmed with it all that I haven't done anything to speak of. After our baby shower two weekends ago, I finally motivated myself enough to wash all his clothes & things, start organizing a little bit and really getting ready. We figured out where to hang pictures & things in his room & started to buy things we really needed but hadn't gotten yet. Then we got the email.

Sunday night, I opened my email to find a letter from our landlord. She told us that they have decided not to renew our lease as we had wanted and that they were planning on downsizing and moving into this townhouse. We were completely stunned. And while we completely understand and sympathize with our landlord's situation, the news was still devastating. We need to be out of our house by April 30. Great timing, huh? Either we have to pack & move now while I'm mostly useless (I have developed carpal tunnel in both wrists and can't grip anything and I'm pretty clumsy with this ever growing belly) or wait until we have a newborn who needs our constant attention and we're sleep deprived. We've started looking for a new home, and are confident that God will provide someplace even better than what we have now. Our goal is to move at the end of February/first of March so that we are somewhat settled before Joshua arrives. So now I'm going against everything I feel like I should be doing. Instead of hanging things in Joshua's room and putting away all his little clothes, we are going to be packing up our house. This is definitely the opposite of nesting.

That's what's going on in our life...what's new with you? :)

2 comments:

Nadelhoffer said...

I pray that you find an even better house for you to enjoy with Joshua.

Anonymous said...

Tell me when you want me and I"ll be there!