One year ago today we met. To be honest, I was unsure about you going in. I wasn't sure that I could love you as much as I loved your brother. I wasn't sure that my heart had room for that much love again. And then I saw you. And my heart had room. And I loved you as easily as I loved Joshua.
Watching your personality develop has been amazing. You've got your brother's easy going nature most of the time but if you want something, you don't stop until you get it. Unlike Joshua, you don't flirt to get your way. You pull out the ANGRY EYES and stare people down.
You are sober and you evaluate everything before you pass judgement. You rarely smile at new people, but once you know them you smile and wave like crazy.
And you are strong! You love to move furniture. Chairs, the pack-n-play, baskets of toys - all get rearranged on a daily basis courtesy of you. We joke that someday you'll have your own moving company. You also have your daddy's organizational streak and will move toys from one basket to another until you like where they are. Then you change them again.
I love your curious nature. Your favorite word lately is "zat", and you use it regularly. You point at everything and ask what it is. You usually nod your head if you really want it. I call you my little expolorer - you investigate everything!
And when it comes to eating...you are amazing. Your favorite foods are steamed broccoli, steamed carrots, yogurt, cherrios, and any fruit on the planet. You love, love, love peaches and nectarines, watermelon, apples, pears, and mandarin oranges. You'll eat your body weight in them on a daily basis! When it's time to eat, it's TIME TO EAT and there is no telling you otherwise. And when you're done, you're DONE. You have very little patience - I'm pretty sure you get that from me. You refuse to be fed and want to do it all on your own.
My favorite thing in the world is watching you play with Joshua. Josh likes to get up close & personal with you and you're not a huge fan of it.
But then there are times when the two of you play side by side and it melts my heart. I love to see the relationship developing between you two. I hope it is a bond stronger than anything else.
You are my favorite youngest son, my favorite Caleb in the whole world. And I'm amazed by you. I'm so thankful that you are in our lives, sweet boy. You've made our family complete.
Love,
Mama












1 comment:
Love the picture with Joshua standing in his "climbing harness!" :) So great.... You are an amazing Mama.... so wish I could meet your boys in person..... Thanks for posting. You are a great encouragement to me!
Post a Comment