Caleb is almost 14 months and just starting to take a few tentative steps!! Most times, he sees the camera and sits down. Finally, a few days ago, I managed to capture the moment. And what a moment it was! He walked and showed off his impressive strength by carrying his box!
"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remoreselessly all that stands in its path." -Agatha Christie
Remember this post? I just reread it and cried. All those fears, all those concerns. And you, my friends, emailed me, called me, posted responses reassuring me that it would be ok, that I could handle it, that all my worries would melt away. And you were right! It is ok. I can handle it (most days). And all my big concerns were completely unfounded. I have gotten out of the house to grocery shop, I have adapted getting them into the car. I managed to get up at night to nurse and managed therapy. We have managed to feed both of them, cuddle both of them, and love both of them, and neither feels left out or neglected! And my biggest fear, the one about resenting the new baby because he was doing things Josh couldn't do? I have watched Caleb breeze past milestones that Josh hasn't met yet...but it didn't hurt like I thought it would. Caleb is amazing. Joshua is equally amazing. And my happiness isn't linked to what they do...it's linked to them and who they are. Like that quote says, I don't pity Joshua because he isn't walking, I believe that he will...in his time. My love for my boys has crushed down everything that stands in its path...even my own fear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halloween has never been a big holiday with me. And now as a parent...it's still not. But when Joshua's teacher asked what he was going to be for Halloween and I realized that they were doing Trick-or-Treating at school, we scrambled for a costume. Ben & I managed to come up with something awesome...what do you think?! :)
![]() |
| Josh was a payloader driver and Caleb was his flagman! :) |
![]() |
| Sharing hats is always good. |
![]() |
| And if you don't want to wear your hat, the bucket is a good place to store it! |
![]() |
| My whole |
![]() |
| Our flagman was ready to call it a night. |
![]() |
| Reading bedtime stories with daddy was the perfect ending to a long day. |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally, I'll leave you with a few random pictures from the past month. Enjoy! :)














1 comment:
very cool! you should submit the costume to one of those websites that looks for ideas for costumes for kids who use chairs. I had looked at those sites earlier this fall and hadn't seen anything like Joshua's costume. It is very good! google wheelchair and costumes or something. i bet other boys would like that, too!
Post a Comment