This...
is Joshua's first art project! We colored in therapy last week and Josh loved scribbling. :) This masterpiece is currently being displayed at Wegmans Corporate (in daddy's office). What? You've always wondered what Joshua's bones look like? Well wait no more! Here they are!
We had an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon to assess whether or not Josh's right hip was intact or not. And as this xray shows...it's kind of not. The acetabulum (the cup part of the pelvis that holds the top of the femur in place) is shallow and forming improperly. So we'll be working hard for the next 6 months to stretch his hip aductor muscles and get him standing so that the hip will hopefully shape up. We'll do another xray in 6 months and if it still isn't right, we'll be doing some bracing to make it right. If that doesn't work, we start looking at surgery. We don't want to do that. So, to help with stretching and standing, Josh is doing a lot of time in this...
While it looks like a medieval torture device, it's really a stander (an old stander!). Our PT loaned it to us so that Joshua can be standing at least one hour a day. Hopefully soon we'll get a newer version that will allow us to roll him around the house while he stands. :) We went to the End of Summer Chicken BBQ out at Nodine's last week. We got to see Alison...
...and found out that Joshua will have another cousin next year!
Bebe (Ben's grandfather) spent some quality time singing to Joshua...
And Josh got to go outside to play with Timmy on the slide and the tractor!

Grandpa even turned it on so they could listen to the motor...um, purr...
Joshua enjoyed it. Tremendously. :)
...and found out that Joshua will have another cousin next year!
Bebe (Ben's grandfather) spent some quality time singing to Joshua...
And Josh got to go outside to play with Timmy on the slide and the tractor!
Grandpa even turned it on so they could listen to the motor...um, purr...
Joshua enjoyed it. Tremendously. :)
This is just because I love this face.
Joshua got a new gait trainer on loan from our PT (this is #3)...and I think we have a winner! This will be the style that we order for Joshua. He loves being in it and we love how he looks in it. It's wonderful.
And this? This is because I think it's funny. 

Joshua got a new gait trainer on loan from our PT (this is #3)...and I think we have a winner! This will be the style that we order for Joshua. He loves being in it and we love how he looks in it. It's wonderful.

I'll try to post some videos of him walking soon. :)
4 comments:
who else is pregnant???
Ok. My favorite part of the whole post is the chub that you can see in the x-ray! My heart is just giggling! And Joshua is looking so much like a little BOY. I can't believe how much older he looks - and so darn cute he is! I love that he picked up on Matthew's cross-eyed trick. That's talent.
I would have never pictured that stander; I have never seen one like it!!! I can never say this enough:
Joshua is amazing and so so cute!! Thanks for sharing; I look forward to reading each of your posts (especially the pictures!!).
Erin
Showed Mima your blog so she could see Joshua's new wheels. He does look great in it. Sooo very cute and such a big boy !! I can't wait to be able to play with him in it. Love you so very much, Joshua.
Grammie
Post a Comment