First, the technician had Josh stand and jump and looked at his feet. Then he told me that he was going to put casts on my son's legs. And I must've looked faint because both he and our PT assured me that they weren't staying on. *phew!* So the tech got all the stuff together...
...and then they put these long stockings on Joshua's legs and cut them to length. He made some marks on the stockings for where Josh's toes were and the ankle joints & stuff like that.
Next, he wrapped Josh's legs in the casts and made sure they molded to his leg.
Once they were dry (like 2 minutes later), he cut the casts off...
...and repeated on his other leg. So cool! We ended up with two casts perfectly molded to Joshua's feet & calves.
Then, it was the most important moment of all. Picking out the color! I called Ben (who couldn't make it because the appointment was in the middle of the day) and went over the colors, even sending him some pictures to get his opinion. In the end, we decided on the "Blue Fly & Drive" pattern.
I was feeling really pressured to choose just the right pattern & color. I mean, I want my son to look cool! Or at least as cool as he can look in AFOs. Then I was told that it really wasn't that big of a choice...Josh would likely get new ones every 6 months. So I guess we'll have lots of time to try out all the different patterns. Maybe next time we'll go with the camo. :) We pick them up in two weeks. I can't wait to see them!
3 comments:
Two things: 1)Nothing is ever too cute to distract from Josh's cute face, so your choice for the AFO's doesn't matter and 2)Matt used to wear braces on his legs.
Love the pictures; same process Will went through but I never thought to take pictures. I love the trucks! We got the party dinos for each pair we have had now. oh....I love your PT too!!! LOve Love love her ;-)
Erin
How Exciting for Joshua! Can't wait to see them and the fly & drive pattern is cute, though I would check out camo maybe next time? ;)
Post a Comment