Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thoughtful Thursday Songs for Joshua

There's a thing many people are choosing to do on their blogs called Wordless Wednesday. They post a picture with no words or no explaination. I thought about doing it, but come on...do you really think I could post something with no words?! That's like asking me to talk without using my hands. Simply impossible. So I've chosen to do something different. I was going to call it 'Thoughtful Thursday', but I just couldn't get past the cheesiness of it. So I'm refusing to use alliteration and just going with what it is.

I have a playlist of songs that I play for Joshua when he's fussy or tired or needs a change of pace. He LOVES music and he still sings along when I sing to him. So I've decided to share my playlist with you. I'm going to post one a week, along with the lyrics and some of my thoughts. Ok, I'll come clean. I'm not sharing the songs with you because I think you really care about what songs I sing to Joshua. This website has been a useful tool in sharing all that is happening with Josh, but it has become more than that for me. It's Joshua's virtual baby book. His real baby book has been packed and I've yet to see it surface. So every entry serves as a reminder for me of things I want to write down and put in his baby book. Someday. Hopefully. :) I want to remember these songs and what they mean to me right now and it just so happens that you get to participate in my attempt at remembering. So here goes...

"Every Moment" - Joy Williams

This song isn't so much for Joshua as it is for me. It's a reminder to cherish and remember every moment of every day with Joshua because all too soon day becomes night and another day is gone.




(If the playlist doesn't open, click the pop-out button and it'll open in a new window.)

We laughed out loud ‘til we cried
And the tears were sweet
Midnight melted to morning
A moment faded to memory
All these days
They just slip away through our fingers
So…

Don’t let go
Hold onto every moment
Always know
Hold onto every moment that
You can

We move on with no regrets to our destiny
Held by the hands of the Father
We share His love and He leads us through
All these days
They just slip away through our fingers
So…

Don’t let go
Hold onto every moment
Always know
Hold onto every moment that
You can

Running through yesterday into tomorrow
Don’t let it just drift away
Forget about tying the hands of time
Give every minute to the One who gave us today

Don’t let go
Hold onto every moment
Always know
Hold onto every moment that
You can

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet:)

Nadelhoffer said...

How precious. I love reading your virtual baby book. BTW, Natalie doesn't even have a baby book! My blog is her baby book, too. Joshua looks so comfy and chubby in your safe arms. I love it.

Anonymous said...

You're such a great mom!!!