Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Songs for Joshua - Week 4

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your day is filled with food, family & love and reasons to be thankful. The amount of things that I have to be thankful for today is so overwhelming it brings me to tears. To name just a few, I have a wonderful & devoted husband, family that supports us, a warm place to sleep and plenty to eat. I have freedoms that others don't have because of the country that I was born in and because of the people willing to defend us (we love you Jay!). I have hope for the future and beyond because of Jesus. But I think it's pretty obvious what's on top of my Things To Be Thankful For list...I have a beautiful, smart, healthy (well, mostly...he's getting over his first cold!) little miracle named Joshua.

This week's song is one that just makes my heart smile. Every word resonates with me. I tried to find a favorite phrase or line from the song, but I can't! Although, when it gets to "I hope your tears are few and fast..." I usually burst into tears. Go ahead. Listen to this song and see if it doesn't bring you to tears as well!





"Amazing" - Janelle

The morning cold and raining
Dark before the dawn could come
How long in twilight waiting
Longing for the rising sun

You came like crashing thunder
Breaking through these walls of stone
You came with wide eyed wonder
Into all this great unknown

Hush now don’t you be afraid
I promise you I’ll always stay
I’ll never be that far away
I’m right here with you

You’re so amazing
You shine like the stars
You’re so amazing
The beauty you are
You came blazing
Right into my heart
You’re so amazing
You are, You are

You came from Heaven shining
Breath of God still fresh on you
The beating heart inside me
Crumbled at this one so new

No matter where, how far you wander
For a thousand years or longer
I will always be there for you
Right here with you

You’re so amazing
You shine like the stars
You’re so amazing
The beauty you are
You came blazing
Right into my heart
You’re so amazing
You are

I hope your tears are few and fast
I hope your dreams come true at last
I hope you find love that goes on and on and on and on and on
I hope you wish on every star
I hope you never fall too far
I hope this world can see how wonderful you are

You’re so amazing
You shine like the stars
You’re so amazing
The beauty you are
You came blazing
Right into my heart
You’re so amazing
You are, you are

3 comments:

Nadelhoffer said...

That's a cute picture...dare I say he's starting to look like a little boy? Stop it, Joshua! Stop growing so big or I'll come over there and bite your cheek! He's so cute. Happy Thanksgiving.

Rusty and Amanda said...

great song:)! Hey Jamie, can you email me your mailing address? amandajeanne83@gmail.com Happy Thanksgiving and happy early Bday!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture:) He's so cute. May I please have a copy of it. I need it in a frame on my mantle!