Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Joshua and the Nail Clippers

I hate cutting Joshua's fingernails. Mainly because each time I go to cut a nail I start to shake and break into a cold sweat. This is a direct result of the first time I clipped his nails and accidentally took a little chunk out of his finger. :( Don't look at me like that! It's hard! Those things are so tiny! Besides, I'm sure you mommies have done it to your kids. And if you're not a mommy yet, when you are a mommy you'll do it too. Ben seems to be better at it though. Maybe Josh can sense his confidence. Either way, it makes for some cute pictures.

Joshua: "Daddy, you'll be careful right?"Ben: "Don't worry, buddy. I'll be careful."Joshua: "Ok. Here we go."
Joshua: "Oh no! Not the toenails! This makes me nervous!"
"Thank goodness daddy has it under control! Mommy may have chopped off a toe by now."

In other news, Nana flew out to California yesterday to visit Auntie Gina & soon to be Uncle David. What I haven't shared on here just yet is that Joshua is going to have another cousin! Auntie Gina & soon to be Uncle David are expecting a little one to be born at the end of November. :) Joshua is really excited for the spring because he'll finally get to meet Auntie Gina & soon to be Uncle David (he can't meet Gina until she isn't pregnant anymore because of the CMV...we don't want to pass it on!). So we now have this big empty house all to ourselves and we're just too lonely. We decided to pack up and head out to Red Creek today to spend some large amounts of time with Grandma and Grandpa!! Yay! We'll be out there until Saturday. I'll post lots of pictures when we get back. :)

3 comments:

Nadelhoffer said...

I don't know what you're talking about...I've never taken a "chunk" out of my kids' fingers! Well maybe just a little slice last week. I feel your pain.

Nadelhoffer said...

I don't know what you're talking about...I've never taken a "chunk" out of my kids' fingers! Well maybe just a little slice last week. I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Those clippers are dangerous! When Declan was that young, I never dared clip his nails while he was awake. It was so much easier when he wasn't fidgeting around (and staring up at me with those "please don't do it" eyes)! And I had to ditch those big clippers - I thought they were supposed to make it easier, but I always thought they got in the way. I got a free pair of mini nail clippers with a bottle of "Little Noses" and tossed the big pair in the trash. I think Declan did a little dance of relief when they were gone :-)