He's sleeping 7-9 hours at night and eats every 3 hours and naps anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours during the day.
His personality is developing each and every day and I think he is going to be quite the charmer. A regular chip off the old block. :) I saw a onesie in Gap a few months back that said "Charm courtesy of Dad". I'm sad I didn't buy it now because it would be so appropriate. Josh has Ben's laid back personality and easy smile. He is also quite a ham, which I'm told Ben was as well when he was young. Whenever I pull out the camera these days, Joshua breaks into a smile and stares at it.
I know he's too young to know he should smile for the camera, but it sure seems like that's what he's doing.
His temper, unfortunately, he gets from me I think. His fuse is a short one and if you push your luck, you're in for a world of hurt. Once he's poured out his wrath, though, he's just fine and acts like nothing ever happened. When he isn't the center of attention, he will do a fake laugh that sounds just like a cough. Then he looks around waiting for everyone to look at him and then smiles and laughs when they do. He loves the color red, loves trucks (& engine sounds in general), and loves his little stuffed lion.

He loves to talk and "sing" to anyone who will listen and he is always ready to smile.
I know he's too young to know he should smile for the camera, but it sure seems like that's what he's doing.
His temper, unfortunately, he gets from me I think. His fuse is a short one and if you push your luck, you're in for a world of hurt. Once he's poured out his wrath, though, he's just fine and acts like nothing ever happened. When he isn't the center of attention, he will do a fake laugh that sounds just like a cough. Then he looks around waiting for everyone to look at him and then smiles and laughs when they do. He loves the color red, loves trucks (& engine sounds in general), and loves his little stuffed lion.

He loves to talk and "sing" to anyone who will listen and he is always ready to smile.He LOVES being outside and will stop crying as soon as we walk out on the deck. Taking walks is a favorite thing lately now that he can face out in the babyBjorn.
He loves his showers too. He loves being in the stream of water and will lean his face into it and come out smiling. He tries to "catch" the water too - extending his hands into the water to feel it hit him. He comes out looking like a little prune we keep him in there for so long!
He has learned how to put his thumb in his mouth, but quickly replaces it with his whole fist because his skinny little thumb isn't very satisfying for him. He's getting stronger and stronger every day (there must be muscle under all those rolls!)
and can balance his weight and stand without support for short periods of time when he's on your lap. 
All in all, Joshua is a dream baby. He is happy 90% of the time, and when he's unhappy he usually has a good reason for it. We must've done something really right to get such a wonderful son. As Ben says on a daily basis, "I really love this parenthood thing!"

2 comments:
I can't believe how time flies! He's so cute and I love those little rolls :-) Oh, I miss those frontpack days! They're all snuggly, but still independant... and right out there for people-charming heehee!
Speaking of, time flying... I just went through my old cell phone messages and there's one from you! When did you call? I don't remember ever getting the message when it was new! I'm so sorry I missed your call! I'd love to catch up! I'll email you!
How precious. My favorite is the old-man hair. Matthew had the same thing, as you can probably recall, but he had the wrinkles to boot!
Post a Comment