Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Videos!

My posts have been getting further and further apart. Mainly because Joshua is a little cuddlebug and refuses to let me put him down for more than 5 minutes! I started to get really frustrated with having to hold him all the time. I mean, my house needs to be cleaned, there are dinners to be made, and I really should be packing. But then I found this poem:

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."
~Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

I realized that pretty soon he won't want to be held all the time. He's going to want to be a little explorer and mama's arms aren't going to be as enticing. :) So if you keep checking and there aren't any updates, it's because I'm holding my Joshuabean and I can't be bothered with sharing him with you.

That being said, I have some updates for you! :) Here are some videos of Joshua doing what he does. The first one is kind of boring, unless you enjoy watching little old Chinese women doing Tai Chi in the park...


Josh doing "Tai Chi" from Jamie on Vimeo.

Watch for how Josh suddenly sucker punches PsyOp Charlie! Good thing Charlie is a tough soldier! I just think that Joshua is angry with the Army for taking Tio Jay so far away from him.



Joshua's sucker punch! from Jamie on Vimeo.

This is my favorite video yet. Joshua has become much more vocal in the past few days. If he's in the mood, he'll talk to you a little bit, but he's the strong silent type it seems. Then I bought a new CD for us to listen to while he slept. I usually sing the songs to him until he goes to sleep, and now he's started singing back!




Joshua singing from Jamie on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Griffin was really enthralled with Joshua's talking/singing... He was having his own little conversation with Josh... It was quite cute. They must speak the same language!
BTW... I used that same Boppy!! love the stripes... We're getting enjoy the adventure of moving too as we have sold our house and purchased a new one across town!! I'll have Len call Ben with the details when things settle down here in a couple of days!

Anonymous said...

What an excellent singer...and super cute, too! I especially love his shirt. :) Diana

Jodi said...

Jamie- I love that poem. You are such a calm voice of reason, always seeing the big picture! Thanks for sharing that.