Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I know it sounds crazy, but I knew on our second date that Ben was going to be it for me. Ben called me at 9pm and said he was on his way over, did I want to grab a cup of coffee? In the calmest voice I could muster I agreed...and then promptly ran screaming through the house. You have to understand...I was in my pajamas and ready for bed and he was almost here! I know...I'm a real fireball being ready for bed at 9pm and all! In my defense, I can count the number of dates I had before Ben on one hand (and some of those were my kindergarten boyfriend I think!), so being asked for a second date was unbelievably thrilling for me. I got dressed just in time and we went to a little cafe in Wayne called the Gryphon Cafe. We sat and talked for hours. I don't remember everything that we talked about, but I specifically remember that we got on the topic of child rearing. I think it started with a conversation about spanking and whether it was appropriate or not and it just continued from there. It was amazing...this handsome man across the table from me was saying everything I believed about how to raise children and the roles of a mother and father. I really believe that was when I fell in love with him. As we continued to date, I saw what an amazing man he was in so many areas of his life. He was generous, funny and smart. He could fix almost anything and wanted to travel the world. He was well spoken and fun to be around. In my eyes, he was the beginning, the end and I was pretty sure he could leap tall buildings in a single bound. I knew he was going to be a wonderful husband and an even better father.

Now, I get to witness the amazing father he is becoming and I can say with assurance that Joshua is so very lucky! Joshua will learn patience, love and diligence from his father. He will learn how important it is to open doors for ladies and how to treat women with respect. He will learn to appreciate quiet time in the outdoors. He will learn how to be strong and how to earn respect. I can't wait to see the man my son becomes because of the influence of his father.









Ben's first video as a daddy :) from Jamie on Vimeo.

Happy first Father's Day, Ben! And Happy Father's Day to all you daddys out there. You guys are changing the world. Like the saying goes...anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY BEN!!!