Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 25, 2008

Definition

Full (adj): containing or seeming to contain the greatest quantity or number possible
Synonyms: brimming, bursting, chock-full (or chockful), crammed, crowded, filled, jammed, jam-packed, loaded, packed, stuffed

While I know that Merriam & Webster were not thinking of how a woman 35 weeks into pregnancy feels when they defined the word 'full', it really is an accurate description! :) To see how accurate, check out this website - http://www.pennhealth.com/health_info/pregnancy/000088.htm. It's a cross section drawing of the body that shows the changes that a body goes through to accomodate pregnancy. It's incredible and frightening at the same time. I should note that it's obviously a woman and she's not wearing a top. It's nothing more than you'd see during a 'wardrobe malfunction' during a superbowl halftime show, but I figured I should warn you all the same. :) I don't even notice that part really...my attention goes directly to the poor lungs & stomach. Yikes!

Tomorrow, I will be 35 weeks pregnant and although I'm sure that there's no possible way Josh can get any bigger than he is now (there's just NO MORE ROOM!), I've been told repeatedly that oh yes, hahaha, I will get bigger. I have no complaints (other than the few really, unbelievably, incredibly painful kicks & punches that take my breath away...those really hurt!) about being pregnant. This pregnancy has been so smooth & uneventful...both Ben & I are so thankful. Joshua's arrival in 5 weeks (or so) seems so far away and so close at the same time and while I'm excited to meet him & share him with all of you, I am feeling a bit sad that he won't be all mine anymore. Right now, I know he's safe and warm and is getting everything he needs. I don't have to worry that much about him. In a few weeks, he'll be in a world that is cold and loud and bright and strange and mean, and the worrying will never stop. This being a mother thing is rough! Of course, all the worrying about worrying is really tempered by the fact that I get to see my husband become a father. He's so excited! I can't wait to see him hold his son. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true... it feels like there is no possible way you could fit any more in there! Forget putting your own socks or shoes on... and shaving? HOW?! ;-)

Unknown said...

Can you believe it! well I'm sure you can, but I can't! it seems all so fast and all too soon you will have to share!!lol Trust me guys you will want to share, at times you will be begging some one to come and share!
And we will all be so happy to. with loving, happy, helping arms and hearts!
love you both!
Tricia and Bill

Nadelhoffer said...

wow, are ya' still full, or did you have the baby???