
When I was born, my dad built me a cradle. It's made of solid oak and it weighs a ton! Ok, not a ton, but around 50 lbs. He shipped it to mom's house and it arrived without a problem or any damage. Woohoo! So this wil be Bean's first bed. Ben is currently trying to devise a support system for it so it can sit up higher, closer to the level of our bed. I love this cradle. It will be the most beautiful piece of furniture we own, by far. It's the kind of piece that you pass down for generations. We're waiting for mom to find the liner she had made for it when I was born as well. How's that going, mom? :)

In addition to the cradle, Bean has another bed. We've purchased a crib! A little early...I know, I know...but it was such a great deal that we decided why pass it up?! So this is where our little one will lay his/her (honestly, I think it's going to be a her) head when they arrive. Maybe it's wishful thinking that the baby will actually sleep in the crib, but it sure does make us feel like this whole baby thing is really happening!
1 comment:
Hey... I'll have Griffin talk to Bean when the time comes to let him/her know that it's a good thing to sleep in the crib (and for 8 hours straight at night by not quite 4 months old--- we are truly blessed and are praying you will be too!!) Buying stuff sure makes it real... and the buying never stops!!! Congrats, guys... we are so excited for you. Keep posting!!
Post a Comment