
Jodi and Jay's wedding (#2) this past weekend was beautiful. Jodi was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen - myself included! Jay looked amazingly handsome in his uniform too.
Even more beautiful than my sister in her wedding dress, however, is the sound I heard at the doctor's office again today. Our baby's heartbeat is so strong and so steady! :) I didn't get to have an ultrasound at the office, but the doctor is sending us for a screening ultrasound in two weeks. Hopefully we'll get to see our little jumping Bean then. Until then, take a look at THIS website! The ultrasound shows a baby at 10 weeks which is where I am now. Isn't it amazing that all that movement is going on already?! This pregnancy thing will never cease to amaze me. How unbelievably blessed we are that we get to experience it!!!
We told the rest of our family and friends about our baby this weekend. Jodi got Ben a "Dad-To-Be" button and me a "Mom-To-Be" button that we wore to tell my side of the family. The award for the best reaction goes hands-down to Aunt Lisa! I'll just say that screaming, yelling and lots of tears were involved. Anyone who knows Aunt Lisa can imagine how exuberant her response was! :) Both sides of the family have been so supportive and so excited about this baby. We've loved telling everyone. I've been asked often how I'm feeling. I'm feeling really really good! A few weeks ago, I was pretty miserable. As a result, I've lost weight so far. When they did the dreaded weigh-in at the doctor's office today, I was surprised at how much weight I've lost since this pregnancy began. The doctor didn't seem worried though. She figured I'd start gaining soon enough. I always wanted to be that beautifully glowing pregnant woman, but at the beginning I was afraid that I might be green and nauseous instead! Maybe the fact that I only felt really sick for a week or two is a little perk since it took so long to get pregnant. :) Maybe I'll get to glow. Either way, I'm thankful that I'm feeling so good and so thankful for the technology that allows me to hear my baby's heartbeat!!
No comments:
Post a Comment