Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Houston, we have a HEARTBEAT!

Today Ben and I went to the doctor for a repeat sonogram to date the pregnancy. The last time I went, the doctor couldn't find a baby so she figured I wasn't very far along. Blood tests proved that I was pregnant, but we couldn't tell how far along.

After a 45 minute wait in the office - seriously, I think that is a torture technique! - we saw Bean and even saw AND heard the heartbeat! It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Ben just kept repeating, "That is so cool!". How amazing technology is!! Bean's heartbeat looked like a little tiny strobe light in his/her little tiny tadpole like body. Unbelievable! The heartbeat was strong and Bean is measuring 6 weeks, 4 days old. My due date is now April 1, 2008. :) Happy April Fool's Day!!

Here's Bean's first picture:












Bean is the little white blip between the +'s in the black circle on the left of the picture. You can click on the picture to make it bigger and easier to see. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited!! Bean is really the most beautiful baby I have ever seen!

nana said...

Welcome to earth little one of mine. It is your nana, who already loves you with tears of joy. May God who has blessed us with your presence in our family keep you strong and healthy. Hold on tight!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mama and Papa Bean!! I'm so happy for you - congrats, lots of love and BIG hug!

Brian & Carly said...

What an adorable little Bean ;) It won't be long before the "little" bean feels like a "big" bean in there! Can't wait to meet you little one <3 Uncle Brian & Auntie Carly

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Bean!! We are so happy to have a new addition to our family!! Don't worry Ben, the mood swings are temporary!!...(like 18 years)
We love you!!!!!!