Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Telling Ben

Being pregnant came as quite a surprise to me. I had pretty much given up hope that it would happen without further medical intervention. I mean, when the doctors tell you that it probably won't happen without IVF or some other serious procedure, you tend to believe them! Taking a pregnancy test at 3am at my sister-in-law's house was a spur of the moment decision I made so that I would have time to grieve in private when it came back negative. The thing is...it came back positive! For 15 minutes I stared at this little stick that had just changed my life. Then the giggles started. There I am, sitting in the bathroom at 3am, covering my mouth and laughing hysterically. It was easily the most surreal feeling ever. Not wanting to tell Ben while he was sound asleep (cause you know how well that would've gone over!), I layed in bed for the next 3 hours and thought about how I was going to tell him. Finally, I figured I would tell him that I wanted to make a video diary of our vacation and I could tell him then. When he FINALLY woke up at 6am, this is the resulting video. You'll have to listen pretty carefully to figure out what I was saying and watch it sideways...I was too excited to think ahead and turn the camera the right way. Oh, and all the shaking and Ben looking down is me showing him the positive test. :o)

Click here for the video: Telling Ben (if you need a password, use 'bean' with no quotes)

No comments: