Today Joshua and I went out to have lunch with Ben. I wish I could capture the look on Joshua's face when he sees Ben walk up to the car...it's priceless. It's kind of like this...imagine you're 5 years old and you asked for The Wiggles to play at your birthday party. Did I just lose some of you? Ok...try this. Imagine you're 32 and you asked for U2 to show up at your birthday party. The Wiggles are the 5 year old's version of U2. :) Back on track? Good. Ok, so you wake up on the morning of your birthday, run outside, and there they are! Setting up a stage in your back yard! Security is roping off the streets and they are there to play a private concert just for you!!! That look that would be on your face? THAT'S the look on Josh's face when he sees daddy. Seriously. He shakes all over he's so excited.
Ok, so back to my story. So after we have lunch with Ben, we take him back to his office and drop him off. Remember how excited Josh was to see daddy? Can you imagine how he reacts when daddy gets out of the car? Oh. My. Gosh. My heart breaks in two when I hear Joshua cry that cry. There are always tears and wailing and lots of screaming coming from my back seat when we pull away from the office. :( So after the tears subside and there's only the little occasional sniffle and *hic* coming from the back seat, I looked in my rear view mirror, reached back there and patted him on the head and said, "Daddy will be home soon, Josh. And Mama's still here! Aren't I good enough for now?"
And my sweet, sweet boy smiled at me through the tears. He smiled a sort of sad smile, reached up and touched my hand....and shook his head to say "no".
Ouch.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know that feeling... Griffin is a Daddy's boy as well!
That's hilarious. :-)
Your Joshua is the sweetest thing! I have a 7 month old with cCMV (I saw a comment you left on the Stop CMV blog and found you here). He seems so happy and looks like he is doing great!
Oh that's so funny and sad at the same time! I was actually laughing through tears. And you set up the mental picture perfectly. U2. I'm there. Giggling and shaking violently with excitement. Daddy's are so special and have a totally different place in children's hearts for them. But they need their mama's too. I think you should play "I still haven't found what I'm lookin' for" or "with or without you" as you leave daddy at his office, just for dramatic effect.
OH my gosh, just too cute!!
Post a Comment