I have been trying to get a post up before we go but just haven't gotten to it. What with the laundry, making lists, crossing off items on the list, buying items to make our lives easier, returning said items because they won't really make anything easier, making new lists because I can't read through the crossed out parts, and 50 daily trips to buy more crap for the trip...I just haven't had time! I guess as long as we have the baby and the backpack carrier (and the diapers, and the wipes, and the mattress for his travel bed, and the food, and the bottles, and the toys and the books...and if we happen to remember to bring clothes and toothbrushes we're ahead of the game!) we should be fine. 

What have I been trying to post, you ask? Well, a few major accomplishments. First, Joshua has started to become interested in putting food in his mouth! Real food. Off his tray! He's been trying to "help" us feed him by grabbing the spoon and trying to get the spoon into his mouth. Usually he just ends up sliding his hand all the way down the spoon and forcing the food off the end, but it's a start. We chunked up a baby nutrigrain bar the other day and look what he did!

Can you see the remnant of it on his chin? It acutally was in his mouth moments before but he hasn't quite got the hang of chewing yet. Again...it's a start! 

Josh has also stopped nursing. He just stopped one day. I think my body was just tired of producing (mmmoooooo) so much, so it sort of quit on him. But I'm pretty proud of myself for nursing almost exclusively for a year. Yay for me & the girls! :) Sorry to any guys who read this blog (not that there are any except for Ben and he won't be upset about boob talk). At Joshua's 12 month check up, Dr. K said we could start him on milk. So we tried. It wasn't good. I think he actually tried to see how far he could actually make the puke go when it came back out, in fact. So we went to rice milk. It was better, but still not good and rice milk doesn't really afford him any protein. So we tried goats milk. And the heavens parted and the angels sang and Joshua put on a pound in a week. Thanks be to the goats!
Speaking of goats....look at my little mountain goat! 
PT this week (did I tell you that our OT left the Early Intervention program and we now have a PT instead?) was great. Joshua worked SO hard and really impressed his therapist. She brought a therapy ball and Josh loved rolling around on it. 


And after he got tired of rolling around, he simply pulled himself into this postion -
Pretty impressive, huh? :) So, one last kiss from Joshua...

..."and we're off, like a hurd of turtles", as my dad used to say. LOL. That makes me laugh every time. :)

We are leaving Sunday from Toronto and will be back on the 28th. I'll talk to you then!
4 comments:
Bon Voyage! Love you all!
Auntie Lisa
Have a wonderful time! I hope Joshua is a gem on the plane and makes the trip very easy for you. How does your new freedom feel (mmmmoooo!)? Good work, mommy. Loved the "kiss" picture.
Have fun!!! I love that last picture of Joshua, he is so SO cute!
Joshua is too cute! Good for you and the girls for nursing so long! I laughed out loud when I read that... but they really do a lot of work for our little ones and need some credit! Anyway, hope your trip was great!
Post a Comment