Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 1, 2010

Caleb...part 2

Ben was finally able to take some time off this week, so we've been spending lots of time at home with our little family...
and Joshua has been spending lots of time kissing his brother.

I haven't had time to do a full out "photo shoot" with Caleb, but I've managed to grab a few cute ones...
(oh my goodness...these toes! I could just eat them up!) (Caleb does not approve of me eating up his toes apparently.)


When Caleb isn't sleeping on me or in between daddy & mommy in their bed, he likes to sleep on his side....in our bed. He won't sleep in his bed for more than 20 minutes and he'll only sleep in the swing during the day. He doesn't like it when the room is totally dark and will wake from a sound sleep to complain about it. I guess you could say that he's pretty particular when it comes to sleep...just like his brother. He is a good sleeper (once he goes to sleep) though, waking every 3 hours to eat at night. His "witching hour" lasts from 8pm to around 10:30pm usually and tires mommy & daddy out. Thankfully, Joshua is sleeping through the night still so once Caleb goes down we can all sleep. I just keep holding out hope that someday Ben and I will be able to sleep for more than a 2 hour stretch. :)

We've also been out and about a good deal! We went to Brown's Berry Patch last weekend to drive a tractor...
...and took our very first picture of the whole family! Can you believe it took three weeks to get one?! We also took a hayride around the farm...
...which Josh throughly enjoyed!We also went for a drive down to Letchworth State Park. It was kind of chilly and drab, and both boys had their miserable times, but it was great to get out and see some of the early fall colors.

In totally not Caleb related news, Joshua is trying out a new walker! Check this thing out! It's like a race car! I love it. :) It moves when Josh even thinks about walking and it's super easy to swivel. I can't wait to see him doing this on his own!! Want to see it in action? Ok...here you go!


So now that you're all caught up on what we've been up to, I'll sign off for now. :) Talk to you soon (hopefully)!

6 comments:

Suzy said...

SOOOOOOOOO cool!! Caleb is a very cute little boy, but (I'm a bit partial) that WALKER is so great!!!!! Way to go, Josh! Love it.

Hang in there with the sleep thing... rest when you can. Have fun finding out the quirks that are different between your kids. Ainsley definitely has a different opinion than her brother... and she lets you know!!!

Welcome to parenthood of 2!

Jay and Jodi said...

Oh. My. GOSH. First of all, you guys make some beautiful babies. I want to squish both of them!! Second, that walker is AWESOME! He looks so great in it. Great walking Joshua! So proud of you!!!!

nana said...

NANA IS SO SOOO PROUD, JOSHUA!! I can hear your momma's voice breaking up a bit with joy and delight (Psalm 37:4) at your newest achievment! Our prayers for you are being realized when we see you independently taking steps with your new crockodile walker. By the time Caleb begins to walk, you may be the one assisting him with his new steps. I love you, bugaboo!

Unknown said...

your kids are THE CUTEST! They could be movie stars!
if you ever want to give one away, i'll be happy to take one.
:P

Auntie M said...

Awesome, they are both so stinking adorable!! I cried watching Josh with his walker and kissing his brother, sooo sweet!!
As far as sleep, there will be time to sleep later Mom, don't miss anything new that they may do...lol!!

Jodi said...

Cute cute cute! Love seeing them together and hearing some of the stories. Praying for sleep for you!