Do you have a theme song? You don't?! Well let's find one for you. A theme song is the song that you would like to play in the background every time you walk through a door. It should be something catchy and something that announces that you have arrived! Wanna know what my theme song would be? The song that I would love to play when I walk into a room?
'Eye of the Tiger'.
Ohmygosh I love that song.
But on to why I'm really here. Joshua has chosen a theme song. You don't believe me? Seriously, he has. He approved it and everything. When I played it for him, he laughed. And when I played it for Ben, he agreed that this should be Joshua's theme song. Wanna know what it is? Just have a listen...
Yep. It's perfect for him. Because apparently our child doesn't need sleep. And doesn't think that we need it either. Despite our best efforts, he is still up 2...3...4 times a night. One morning this week, he thought that 3:30am was a perfectly acceptable time to get up and stay up. For the day. Allllll day. It was a good time. Even a nightly dose of Benadryl (his doctor & neurologist recommended it for a variety of reasons) doesn't keep this kid down. It's getting tiring. Literally. But, I have to believe that it will end at some point. I mean, it's not like there are 10 year olds who don't sleep through the night, are there? One year down, nine to go. Just gotta be strong enough to make it. *cue Jamie's theme song*
In other happenings, we're driving a rental car for the next who knows how long. It's a cute little Chevy Cobalt. It's not a bad drive, but it can't get out of it's own way when you step on the gas. It makes me miss my Subaru. Where is my Subaru you ask? Well, it's tired too. It worked really hard yesterday at protecting it's most precious cargo and now it's going for a rest.
We were heading home from my mom's house when we were hit by a 23-year old running a red light. No one was hurt (other than his ego when I took him down a few pegs for hitting me with a baby in the car!) and he drove his car away from the scene, but my car had to be towed because the side airbag deployed,
neither passenger side door could be opened and the front axel is bent up.
Joshua was checked out by paramedics and was completely unharmed thanks to his carseat. I am stiff and sore today and have a little cut on my foot where I got it stuck on the pedal trying to brake, but otherwise unharmed as well.








Finally, here are some of Joshua's newest accomplishments! He loves to play peek a boo...with him being the peeker!

He has also been practicing his sitting and is starting to be able to catch himself when he starts to fall!
He is consistently sitting for a few minutes completely independantly!!
He's also been working on being on all fours. He's starting to try to push up onto hands & knees, and with a little help, he can do it.
Once he's in place, you can actually let him go and he will stay up for a minute or two! It's all very exciting. :)
4 comments:
S glad you guys are okay!!! Steph called us last night to tell us. Do you have to get a new carseat now? Looks like Joshua & Elise are having LOTS of fun!!!
I love your pictures, as always. Joshua looks so handsome and charming. It is great to read about all he is doing!! Yeah Joshua!!!!
Also I love the theme song blurb.....you made me laugh even though not getting any sleep really isn't funny as I know all to well lately ;-)
Hey It's Auntie M...So glad you guys are ok!! As far as the sleeping thing, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....Jessica is 13 and requires oh 10 mins. sleep. Not sure what is up with that, have chatted with the Dr. about it and of course is has no concerns with it...lol Oh yeah and benedryl makes her worse.
I love all the pics and Joshuas new hair cut....so handsome!! we love you all!!
hi its becca....joshua is so cute. Hes gotten so big..cant wait to see all of you.
Post a Comment